WRITING FROM THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD!
“If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, that is poetry.” ~Emily Dickenson
To register contact Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master Class meets online, every third Tuesday night of the month, so you can join in from your own comfy home!
NEW OFFERING for Asheville Peeps! Gateless Writing Salons meet every Sunday 11am – 1:30 pm starting in October 2016! The Salon will be food for your writer soul, a cozy sanctuary for the heartbroken artist, with positive-only feedback and a warm pot of tea for this autumn weather. Let’s support each other as writers! Some of the gifts that come from practicing writing regularly in this kind of environment are: raised immunity, positively shifted neurotransmitters, a brightened and lightened mood, freedom, and flow. You’ll also get a good dose of the tools from “Writing from the Top of Your Head,” so plan on laughter, hooliganism, and surprise. For more info. or to save a spot in advance contact Nina at 828-254-3586 or email email@example.com
“I don’t know how Nina does it, but she’s giving students back to themselves.”Josephine Spilka
What To Expect at a Writing From The Top of Your Head Workshop:
- Break through obstacles such as fear, procrastination, perfectionism, overwhelm, negative self-talk, and self-sabotage – with the tools of Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coaching.
- Have FUN in your writing practice. Discover your inner hooligan – your irreverent, child-like Dr. Seuss-ian spirit.
- Write from the top of your head. Learn to implicitly trust the images that come to you. Forge your unique stories in the fire of what you hear, see, feel, taste, smell…
- Tap readily into profound poetic states through the “Thank You Walk” and other techniques that seduce the muse.
- Experience “How on earth did I write that?” moments through exercises that skid you out of your usual habits, so your work becomes full of surprise.
- Generate a ton of new material through timed writing, in an uber-safe and supportive environment.
YOU are the one who gets to find YOU as a writer, and that takes a lot of experimentation. You are not told how to write or how to be.
- Cultivate a regular writing practice. Foster consistent structure and resilience in a close community of writers who have each other’s backs.
“I have a degree in painting and drawing, but I don’t consider myself a writer. I joined Nina’s creative writing classes thinking it would help me with some technical writing for work. Boy, was that ever an undervision! This class ended up completely blowing the top off my creativity in a way that bled into everything in my art and life. It honestly taught me how to just be myself and trust my own voice. I even make up words now, like undervision. I am free!”Sarah Thomas
When I started Nina’s class, I had mostly not written for 2 years – and was starting to wonder if I was still a writer. Now I’m on fire for writing…She is a truly creative soul – and a phenomenal cheerleader, coach, and creativity instigator.Majo John Madden
These six weeks have changed my life…helped me set priorities, returned my vocabulary. I am reconnected to my young adulthood when I could say “I am a writer.” These classes are not about grammar and form but discovering the great creative mind rich with sentences and images. They are not about competition to be best but about each person’s unique discovery of their magical words and phrases. I am in a state of joy…Bonnie Schell
No matter what kind of artist you are, this class is essential to your creative blossoming.Badria Jazairi
I can’t say enough good things about Nina Hart’s writing classes. I walked into her class having no idea what a writer was lurking inside of me. The tone she sets makes it completely safe to explore and expand while also inspiring connection and creativity. I have started writing my first book!Heather Cohen
This class is brilliant – and got me back into writing and having fun with it. I’m on my second round. Nina is a creative, dedicated, and supportive teacher who really knows her stuff…Genevieve Halkett
Nina is the fairy godmother of people’s un-lived artist lives…Sarah Thomas
Next 8-week ONLINE Writing from the Top of Your Head workshop begins April 19th, 2017 – and you can join in from anywhere in the world! LOCAL Asheville workshops coming up soon too! Stay tuned or for more information contact Nina Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org